Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Ellora Caves, India

Imagine a mountain. Take a hammer and chisel to the mountain for 150 years, mix in a massive amount of religious fervour, passion and inspiration and you still couldn't match the Ellora Caves. Carved by Buddhist, Jain and Muslim monks, priests, disciples etc (is there such a thing as a Muslim monk? I've never worked that out) it's outstandingly beautiful and elaborate.

I rate it as the best thing I've ever seen but I'd never heard of it before going. How many things like this are hidden in India?? It should be on the lost of seven wonders of the world. Oh, I haven't said - there're 32 caves!

As you look at the photos remember that's not brick you're looking at - it's stone.

No comments:

 
Directory of General Blogs



Blogarama - The Blog Directory

English Blog Directory.



Devon Blogs


prev ? In MY Opinion # next>


«#Blogging Brits?»